Friday, April 17, 2009

Hey All.............

Sorry for my absence....there's just been so much going on that honestly, I just haven't had the energy...not even 'lurking' much. Hopefully that will right itself in the not too distant future.

Quick update on my Dad. He started his IV Chemo treatment yesterday. Thankfully, he's on the 'short program' which means he's in and out of there in about 30 minutes. So far (knocking on wood) he hasn't had any major side-effects. I know its only been 1 treatment but since the Chemo goes right into his bloodstream, I'm thinking that any side-effects would have occurred fairly quickly...we'll see, I guess. He goes 2x per week, Mondays and Thursdays. He outlook is still great and I'm praying that the Chemo works and that he doesn't get sick.

I am fuckin pissed.......no, I'm beyond pissed..I am so fuckin mad that if I could, I'd have a fucker whacked.

Last night, 9:15 PM, the phone rings. Now maybe to y'all, 9:15 ain't late, but too me, if you're callin at that time, it had better be for a good fuckin reason.

I see on the Caller ID that its from some 'marketing company'. Okay, have to admit, I fuckin LOVE to take these low-life motherfuckers on..I sorta live for this shit. I answer and this LLMF starts with "Hello..We're doing a survey". Thats as far as he got.

Me: Stop right there...I'm on the No Call List.
LLMF: That doesn't apply to us. We're not selling anything
Me: I don't give a fuck. Do you know what fuckin time it is?
LLMF: NO....I don't
Me: Too fuckin stupid to tell time?
LLMF: (brief silence)
Me: I'm going to register a complaint with the Missouri Attorney Generals Office tomorrow....they love to take companies like yours on.
LLMF: Go ahead....knock yourself out.
Me: Fuck you, you jackoff prick.
LLMF: WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME?
Me: (I repeated it)
LLMF: ...Click....

Now, I don't normally go off to this degree but what the fuck, calling after 9:00? I had been up since 5:00 and I was in bed (with the TV on) and was in no fuckin mood.

10 minutes later.........RING.......RING.....RING.......

ARE YOU FUCKIN KIDDING ME????? It's the same prick calling back.

Me: WHAT THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU UNDERSTAND BEFORE?
LLMF: ....Click....

5 minutes passes...RING.......RING......

ME: MOTHERFUCKER......YOU HAVE NO FUCKIN IDEA WHO YOU'RE FUCKIN WITH!(Like I could do anything and like he gave a fuck)
LLMF: I'm going to keep calling until you show me respect.

I thought I was gonna stroke out. I don't remember when I have been this pissed...pissed to a point where if possible, I would do something that woudn't be good.

Me: Since you're such a fuckin bad-ass with a telephone, I can't stop you......yet. BUT you little pussy, I fuckin guarantee you that I will do everything I fuckin can to find about about you're bullshit company and hopefully, in the process, find about about you. Then motherfucker, you'll see that you're not fuckin with someone who 'hopes' shit just goes away.
LLMF: ...Laughs....
Me: ...Click....

I turned off the ringer on the bedroom phone. I checked the caller ID this morning, the motherfucker did call back....2 more times. The last being at 10:50 PM.

I am not done with this. Oh....BTW...if you see this number on your Caller ID...be prepared: 858-428-3213. They go by the names of 'Directions In Research' or 'Market Research'.

Uh....maybe another week then I'll have bathroom pics to post. Gotta admit....I like it ;)

11 comments:

The Girl said...

I'm so glad your Dad's outlook is good. I'll keep me fingers cross about the chemo side effects. And I think a call or letter to the BBB and the PUC is necessary in your quest to bring down the fucker at the marketing company.

Don't stay away too long, I efen miss you !

Elle said...

Oh, God, PLEASE don't let that little prick get away with that! If there is anything we could do, you know, collectively, please let us in on it!

And I'm keeping your dad in my "good" thoughts ( as opposed to the evil, bitchy ones), and hope all is well :)

I'm happy to hear from you!

Loni's World said...

He was harrasing you! They cannot do that, well at least from a business. WOW You were right in all of it. I would have gone off too.

Ill keep you in my prayers, I hope your Dad doesnt have to suffer during the treatment. My Dad was in a lot of pain. It was a difficult time for him. It was hard for me too. He was determined to beat it. Just don't let him give up, He needs to at least try and fight as much as possible. He can BEAT this!
please let me know if you need anything.
:)

The Dish said...

Glad Dad is tolerating the chemo well. That is great news.

About the telemarketer... Get him, efen! And I agree with the Girl, we efen miss you!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Yay for your dad doing so well. That's great news.

I would go after that telemarketer too! Our insurance company quakes in fear when I call... I say, "I've got aaaallll day to straighten this out." LOL.

The Girl said...

That's a good one ETW - I'm gonna have to borrow it :)

The Kitchen said...

OMG - that is ridiculous!! I had that type of thing - strangely similar - with ADT home alarms!!!

Now - your dad - I'm so glad he is getting treatment! Totally crossing everything and praying that the chemo knocks out all the bad cells, and spares the good ones.

I was thrilled to see you back - Momma missed you!

Gator Foodie said...

YAY for you dad's treatment going well! Great news!! What a PRICK...can't believe that guy had the audacity to keep callin' back!!

Warped Mind of Ron said...

I'm glad your Dad's treatments are going well and I will hope that they continue to do so. If you are anything like your Dad then I figure the cancer will run screaming from his body pronto :)

I'm voting for finding the little phone pussy and whacking him, but I can be grumpy at times.

Christine said...

Catching up on blogs. Glad you wrote. Even more glad dad is tolerating the treatment well.

I wonder if you called back the number and got a supervisor who could give you the name and address of the company. Of course you probably couldn't say that you're calling to complain and still get the info but you seem like you could be good at going undercover. :-)

Efen said...

The Girl: Thank you, sweetie :) I am taking care of that ;) Missing you :)

Elle: he isn't getting away with it (see below) Hehe...'bitchy thoughts'..thanks Honey. :)

Loni: yes...thats exactly what he was doing. I really apprecuate your kind words :)

Bitchy (hehe..you aren't ;) I do have a tendency to 'get even' ;)...and thank you :)

ETW: Thanks so much..lmao @'I have all day' :)

Kimberly: Thanks for your 'visit'. Uh....I'm assuming you meant 'kick'... ;)

Kitch: I missed you too! I certainly appreciate your thoughtfulness :)

TGG: Yes, so far...so good :) Thanks so much :):) Sheesh...and everyone thinks I'm a prick..see, I could be worse ;)

Ron: Thanks, Buddy. Appreciate it. Ya know, 'whack jobs' can be had for a relative low price these days...but, you do get what you pay for ;)

Christine: Thank you!

Okay..I found a 'real' number for this outfit. Called and 3 people later I got to a Supervisor (Laurie). 1st, she seemed a little skeptical but the more I explained, the more she seemed to be honestly concerned. She said she would trace back my phone number and she could then see who called. She said they would take 'disciplinary action' against this guy as they have a strict policy against this sort of thing. She also said she would make sure my # was removed from their data base.
Not sure how true all of this is, but I have not received another phone call from them...yet.