Friday, July 10, 2009

All-Star Game


This coming Tuesday is the All-Star Game. Now, if you aren't into baseball, then you'll probably don't give a fuck, but since I am, and since I'm going...I am waaaaaay excited ;)

I have never been to one before and no doubt, this will be my last chance since the last one we hosted was back in '66 and I'm not putting any money down that I'll be around for 43 more years.

My brother-in-law is flying in from Orlando on Sunday. My best friend since I was 9, is coming in from Kansas City on Monday morning....and I'm taking Monday and Tuesday off. Besides the game, there are TONS of All-Star activities going on downtown with many, many, former All-Stars and Hall Of Famers on hand. I also have tickets for a free autograph session with maybe a dozen Hall of Famers signing. Fuck...I feel like I'm 9 again! :)

I'll post pictures next week...and I'll do my best to get Ryan Howard (hometown boy) and Utley's pictures for 'The Girl'.....hmmm....that makes me think, what if I could get one of them to sign a picture saying "To R........"? Uh...what would that get me ;) ;)

Hope everyone has a great weekend...and thanks to Ron for his BD comment..appreciate it!

10 comments:

GiGi said...

Enjoy the game...and those days off!

The Girl said...

Holy Shit Efen - you just got me so excited !!!! That would so rock my world - Especially if it was Chase....I'm sure I could come up with an appropriate Thank you ;)

I'm so jealous your going. I couldn't get tickets when we hosted it. Have a really really really really really great time. And don't forget how APPRECIATIVE I might be to receive such a present.

The Dish said...

Happy Belated Birthday you sly dog! Thanks for telling us! I had to find out from The Girl... (picture me pouting).

Have a blast! I am so jealous. My cousin got me Pujol's autograph last year. He is a golf pro at one of the courses near there. Hope you have the best time!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Happy Birthday (belated)! I hope you enjoy all the festivities. It sounds fun!

Efen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Efen said...

Gigi...thanks, I will...to both :)

The Girl: Hmmm..'appreciative you MIGHT' be' ??? ;) I'll do my best, sweetie.

Nonya: WOW...I am jealous...I DON'T have Alberts autograph...yet!
TY for your BD comment :)

ETW..Thank you...and it should be :)

Gator Foodie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Honey - I'm late, as usual! Hope you have a great time at the game - I'll be watchin'! Enjoy your buds & your days off,too!

Adamity73 said...

We Tiger fans are happy. E. Jackson, J. Verlander, C. Granderson and--surprise, surprise--B. Inge have been summoned to play in the Mid-summer Classic. Ka-zaam!

I'm like you: I feel like a kid when the All-Star game comes around. I love baseball. I love the Home Run Derby. Though interleague play has diluted some of the granduer of the AL playing the NL, it's still a blast to see them play each other--on a stage just this side of the World Series.

Enjoy your time and enjoy the game.

I'm hoping B. Inge won't embarrass himself in the Derby.

:-O

Christine said...

Happy B-day! Any cake left?

Have fun at the game and catch a ball or whatever you say in these types of situations.

I am not a real big sports person as you can probably tell. :-)

The Girl said...

Well, well, I'm dying over here. I watched the HR derby and didn't see you babe