Monday, August 11, 2008

Mondays....They Blow!

Geez...where the fuck do I start? Get a call this AM from my Service Manager;

SM: Uh....I have a problem.

Me: (No shit...when don't ya?) Yeah....like what?

SM: Well, ya know that back surgery I was having next Monday? Uh..well, I don't think I can work this week, the pills they gave me make me real sleepy and I can't focus.

Me: Sooooooooooo, instead of being off 3-6 weeks it's now going to be 4-7?

SM: I guess.

Me: (YOU FUCKIN GUESS???? Do the fuckin math Einstein!) What about the jobs that were scheduled for you this week? All the other service guys are booked already, you know.

SM: I think we can put them off until I get back.

Me: For 1-2 months???? I don't think so. I'll handle it.

SM: One more thing.....what about my pay?

Me: What about it? You're not going to be working (and I know you didn't hurt your back at work so don't even think about claiming that shit) so I GUESS you'll have to file for disability.

SM: How much does that pay?

ME: (WTF???? You knew you were going to be fuckin off work for close to 2 months and you're now JUST inquiring about that???) Here's their 800 number. Its the employee's responsbililty to get this arranged. It's a State Law, the Employer can't get involved (I have no fuckin idea about that, I just made that shit up).

Now, when you have a full compliment of Service Guys and there isn't anything scheduled, the phone rarely rings with emergenices. BUT, be short a guy and the fuckin phone rings off the fuckin hook. "I NEED SOMEONE RIGHT AWAY!!!!! Fuck......try juggling your scheduled jobs and then throw in fuckin 'emergencies' on top of that, well, I think you get the idea. Efen is not his usual jovial self ;)

After that, I get a call from the blood-suckers who we bought our latest Accounting Software from.

BS: Hi Efen, its Dan.

Me: (I can't stand Dan) Hi..whatcanIdoforyou?

BS: We need to come down and set up that Bar Code software and install that Bar Code printer.

Me: You mean the printer and that little handheld scanner that you just fucked us for $4500?

BS: Hahaha.....you do have a sense of humor, don't you? Anyway, we'll be down this afternoon. Should only take an hour or so.

Me: (Do you really thing I was fuckin kidding??? $4500 for shit that should sell for maybe, $1200-1500). Alright, do we (I) need to do anything first?

BS: Uh..well..yeah, there are a couple of things you need to do before my guy gets there.

I stopped listening after he got to number 4. Fuck them. When they get here, they can do all that shit. They ain't fuckin paying me to do their fuckin job. If they get here and I sense an attitude..well, you'll read about that on my next post.

Great..........only 7 more fuckin hours til I go home.

4 comments:

Elle said...

Um, my feet hurt and its hot in here, and I'm starting to lose my tan.

Oh okaaayyyy geeeez. Your day is worse.

Christine said...

Hey..thanks for leaving out the breadcrumbs to find you. I think you have a lot of patience because my response would have been "Well, stop taking the pain medication numnutz, you didn't have the surgery yet. Tough it out and get to fucking work." No wonder I can't seem to keep help.

Efen said...

Christine, ty for dropping by. Please feel free to say whatever the fuck you want to here, because, well, its my page and therefore, my fuckin rules ;)

Uh....Elle and J-Fab already know this ;)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Have I told you before that you couldn't pay me enough to do your job?