Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day After Birthday

You know you're advancing in years when it's the day after your birthday and you aren't all "Damn...I sure wish it was still my birthday. I can't believe I have to wait a whole year for it to be my 'special day' again".

Now, it's pretty much "Fuck, I'm fucking how old now?" Are your sure....I mean, are really sure I'm that old? I coulda sworn I was a year younger than that". Oh well, beats the fucking alternative.

I did get one very cool gift..........a Sony PS3! Uh, no, I won't be playing any fuckin games on it (although my daughter is thrilled and has already said "Dad, wouldn't Guitar Hero 3 be really cool to have?") Speaking of, I can see where 12 years of private school and thus far, 3 years of private college have really paid off. I didn't know that she was majoring in 'Guitar Hero' but according to my nieces and nephew (who she just came back from visiting for 2 weeks in Orlando and Tampa) she's the best they have ever seen. "Uncle Efen.....we thought our friend Derek was the best. We've never seen him beat and plays 'expert'. She beat him every time and it wasn't even close. We thought he was gonna cry". So, I guess I should be happy. She could be majoring in something useless, like HALO.

Oh, sorry, lost track, back to the PS3. I've been wanting to buy a HD DVD player but wasn't going to until it was determined if Blu-Ray or HD was going to be the preferred format (Didn't want to get stuck with a Betamax when VHS was the only thing being made). So Blu-Ray won (duh......much cooler name than just 'HD'). The thing is, a PS3 and a Blu-Ray player cost the same, but with the PS3 you can put all your music that you've 'legally'..wink..downloaded (3000+) on your computer and transfer it to your PS3, plus you get on the web and shit like right in front of your TV. I mean, really, just how fucking cool is that!! So, between the two its pretty much a fuckin no-brainer. Of course, it will probably take me a fuckin month to get all the shit to work, but hey, it looks cool with all the lights and shit.

Being the fuckin genuis I am, I'm leaving at the end of next week for Vegas. At last check, the temp is LV was 110. Fuck that 'dry heat' bullshit. Whoever says that shit to you is one of the biggest fuckin morons walking the face of the earth (besides me for planning this trip in July). Your fuckin oven is also 'dry heat'.

More to come.................

4 comments:

Elle said...

Can't wait for Vegas stories!

Efen + Vegas + Hookers + Dry Heat = good times!

Elle said...

P.S. Nice move not telling your REAL friends it was your birthday.

So..happy birthday, you prick.

Efen said...

I love it when you say 'prick' :)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Happy day after Birthday and welcome to the blog (ooops, er, forum) world.