Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Day in Hell (aka Work)

MOTHERFUCK!!! If you aren't in the mood to listen to big-time bitchin, you'd be better off 'movin-on'...like to J-Fabs very funny post, http://livinlife08.blogspot.com/ (which has certainly been the highlight of my other than fucked day).

Here we go..............my business requires that we are able to be reached 24/7. This is because should we have a customer whose equipment has broken down and they need their plant back up and running, we need to send a service tech out ASAP.

After hours, we transfer the phones to a cell phone, which happens to be my fuckin cell phone. So, if a customer calls at 3:00 fucking AM, my fuckin phone rings. As you may recall from an earlier post, I ain't any fuckin good without coffee when I just wake up and answering my cell at 3:00 AM certainly doesn't allow for that to happen. Oh, I've tried other methods regarding our 24/7 phone number. 1st, I had the phones forwarded to a pager with a fairly lengthy recording, with detailed fuckin instructions, such as: 1. Leave your name, 2. Leave a FUCKIN NUMBER, 3. Leave your FUCKIN EXTENSION TOO!. Some of these fuckin people are about as sharp as bag of wet fuckin mice. You would think these fuckin instructions would be detailed enough. Yeah, one would fuckin think that. I can't tell you how many fuckin times that motherfuckin pager would go off at some ungodly hour only for me to call it back and get the message. I'd then call the dumb-fuck back at the fuckin number HE left only to get "I'm sorry, our office is now closed. Please call back between 8:00-5:00. If you know the persons extension, please enter it now". WTF?? This cocksucker has his plant down, 120 people standing around doin nuthin, gettin paid, and this fucking genius wants to make me guess an extension?? Lets see, how many fuckin combinations are there to any given 2 or 3 digit possibilities? FUCK!! I mean ya know whats going to happen..I don't dare fall back asleep cuz I know this fuckwad is going to call back, sometime, after he doesn't get a return call. Sure enough, 30-45 minutes would go by, and the fuckin pager goes off again. Call it, same fuckin message, no extension, and this time the guys PISSED because, guess what, no one has called his trailer-livin ass back! Anyway, shit like this caused me to go to 'Option 2'.

'Option 2' was to alternate the pager between myself and 3 of my service guys. This lasted about a fuckin month because my service guys have the phone skills of a fuckin doorknob. So, I went to 'Option 3' which is the aforementioned.

This morning, 4:27 AM, cell phones ringing;

Me: (barely audible)....hello?

Customer: Who's this?

Me: .........(irritated by that lack of phone courtesy)....Whoucallin?

Customer: Efen's company.

Me:..Uh..yeah..this is.

Customer: This is 'just spent over 120K buying your equipment' and the fuckin thing is down.

Me: Hmmmm....that's not good

Customer: No shit it ain't good. I need someone NOW.

Me: Uh....can you tell me the problem?

He proceeds which leads me to about 20 other fuckin questions. After I get a clearer picture of the problem, I tell him I can't do anythhing until the manufacturer opens and that isn't until 8:00 AM. Surprisingly he says "Oh, no problem, we have back-up equipment we can run.....I'm leaving at 7:00 but you can call 'Day-time Boss' back..sorry if I woke you...I guess I should have had him call at a better hour". WTF???? Are you fuckin serious?......"sorry IF you woke me"......a "BETTER hour???????" MOTHERFUCK!!!

Don't get me wrong, these customers who are the ones we make our money from and I'll do anything to help out any of them.....just PLEASE use your fuckin head before going to 'Auto Dial!'

Oh.....still trying to get this problem taken care of.....almost 9 1/2 hours later...... stay tuned.

5 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I tell ya. I just continue to be shocked at the way some people think. It really shouldn't shock me, but it does. Time and time again.

J Fab said...

Ummm, Efen... did Elle tell you what I do for a living????? I repo cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are tellin Noah about the flood my friend when we start talking about phone calls at 3 am! Repo is 24-7. CONSTANT fucktards everywhere. And, they blame ME for "stealing" their car after they don't pay their car payment. So, I agree with ETW... people shock the fuckin shit out of me everyday with the way they think.

Thanks for the high five on my new post!

Elle said...

I just spent 13 hours (yes! That aint no fuckin typo my friend!) in an "extreme customer service" seminar. I kept waiting for the chapter on "telling them to fuck off". That must be tomorrow.

Efen said...

J-FAB....REALLY???? I had no fuckin idea....geez...uh....can't that be a little dangerous?? But...ya know, that is kinda 'hot' ;)

Ooooooooh...that kinda gets me in the 'frolic' mood ;)

C'mon Jenny...there has to be some 'repo-posts' we'd all find hilarious!


Elle: 13 fucking HOURS?? Don't they know you don't do '13' ???
As for as that 'chapter' telling customers to 'fuck-off', I teach the 'advanced' course every other Tuesday. I normally charge for this, but for you honey, it's free :)

BTW....I sent you an e-mail entitled 'tooooo funny', please forward that to J-Fab as I don't have her 'double-secret' e-mail address ;)

J Fab said...
This comment has been removed by the author.