Thursday, November 6, 2008

STILL Glad I Live In The US

(Deep breath)....Ok, the election is over and my guy didn't win. But, thats alright. At least we live in a country where we have elections and face it, when you have sumthin you're voting on, not everyone is going to be happy with the results.

With that said, the following are a few reasons of why I'm so glad I live here.
Mothers and their children. I always smile when I see them together.



Christmas! I love it, especially for all the little kids. Their expressions on this special day makes you feel so good inside.

The right we have to freedom of expression. It's something that we can never hold tight enough.


Education is the bedrock for any country. I hate to think where this nation would be without it.

















We're a nation that prides itself on producing goods that enrich our society. We would accept nothing less.


In this country, one of most precious things we have is the bonding between a parent and a child,
teaching them how to be a credit to their society and passing our traits and ethics along so they can be contributing individuals.
As evidenced by our new President-Elect, no matter your background or your heritage, you can become successful.


In the U.S. we have the right to speak our minds.



















And last, but certainly not least, we're proud to show our patriotism. What a country!


9 comments:

Gator Foodie said...

OK, I'm LMAO! this is why I look forward to your refreshing perspective!! Oh, what a great country we live in, indeed!!! :)

The Girl said...

Ok, my guy didn't win either, but you just totally cheered me up about it.

And how did I know to expect a set of ta-tas at the end. XXOO

Elle said...

Roflmaaooo...that's awesome! I especially like the sweet little girl under the Christmas tree. How'd you get that pic of me and J-Fab anyway?! ;)

J Fab said...

I stood in line for 2 hours and 20 minutes to vote and my guy didn't win either. :(

Loves it Loves it Loves it!!!!!!
Elle... I was thinking the exact same thing!!!!!!!!!!!

GOod one, Efen.

YO Adrienne said...

Just what I needed at the end of a Thursday - a great laugh!

What a great country we live in - where else in the world can you find such amazing people to photograph??!! :)

The Kitchen said...

OMG - those pix are hilarious!!!!

You should have asked me before you posted that pic of me in the bikini top...

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Wow, very touching post. At the very end I must have been feeling especially patriotic because I found myself saluting the stars and stripes ;)

Efen said...

gator girl: I'm not sure it's a 'refreshing perspective', maybe more like a 'warped perspective' ;)

the girl: Glad that cheered you up! And....DUH..what else would you expect on my page ;)

Elle/J-Fab: Uh...I actually thought it was J-Fab givin the 'salute' and you were the one covering your ears (knowing what was going to happen next ;)

YO Adrienne: You're right about that...no shortage of photo ops in this country ;)

Kitch: Uh...sorry...I guess I should have asked first. But...at least I didn't post the topless one's you sent me ;)

Ron: LMAO @ 'saluting'

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I like the first one where her undies are hanging out. That very nearly (or does) happen to me on a regular basis (I like the ultra low rise pants). But, I never wear thongs. LOL.