Monday, November 24, 2008

Short Week Ahead..

.....and frankly, it couldn't come more at a fuckin perfect time.

Remember my post about my customer goin all fuckin nuts on me? Well, since we ended up selling that equipment to the same company he was trying to sell to, I thought 'what the fuck', I'm gonna call our common customer to see exactly what the deal was, plus I know this guy alittle.

I call him, explain what had transpired between the Contractor and myself, and asked the guy if he had heard any feedback from the Contractor about what had happened. This guy went absolutely fuckin ballistic......on the Contractor.

His exact words: I'm so fuckin sick and tired of that company. Since they're a Union shop they think they can run roughshod over anyone who isn't. They come in here and act like they're above reproach and that they can do any fuckin thing they want. I NEVER told them to order the equipment, they just fucking assumed it was their job. I'll tell you one thing, we give them over $200,000 a year in business and that has just fucking ended!

Okay...I never thought this thing would snowball like it has. And...being the professional that I am and having the 'last word' in an argument seems petty...I wrote the fuckin Contractor a letter on Friday (he's a senior VP) and sent a copy to the President.

I detailed the language that he used with me, how offended I was by that type of language, how un-professional it was, that I would never use that language in a business conversation, etc etc . I also said that if he would have given me a chance to speak, I WAS going to say that I would do everything in my power to make sure they didn't get stuck with the equipment, that I would make this up to them with additional discounts....BUT since I didn't get the chance to say these things, I could only assume that he had no interest in whatever solution I could offer.

Fuck him...I kinda expected a phone call from this prick today but I was going to tell him right off that the conversation was being recorded (it wouldn't be) ...figure that would set him off even greater...hehe...some of these pricks are rookies when it comes to shit like this...me, I fuckin live for it ;)

I need a break, even if it's only a couple of days. Actually, tho we're closed on Friday too, I always come in on the Friday after TG, until about noon then its "Hasta la vista" baby. Phone doesn't ring much but if anyone needs anything, I can take care of them.

Then I run up to 'SV' for awhile, have a couple of Post-TG drinks (this always fucks them up because I normally will not drink during the day). Sparse crowd there usually because most of their customers are off work and won't be coming in for lunch. I prefer a more 'intimate' setting anyhow ;)

I don't do the fuckin 'Black Friday' deal. Tried it once, determined pretty quickly it sucked, vowed not to fuckin let it happen again............and it hasn't.

Went to the grocery yesterday and got all my TG stuff; Turkey (duh), cornmeal for the dressing, all my pie stuff (I make 3, pumpkin (which I can take or leave), pecan (talk about easy), and this year, instead of a lemon meringue (the last two have been alittle runny), I'm doin a coconut cream, with meringue, of course ;)

So, if I don't post anymore before Thursday, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

(sheesh....a whole post and didn't mention 'boobs' once.....it must be that Holiday spirit thing ;)

10 comments:

Gator Foodie said...

Sounds like you aren't the only one who has had to deal with that prick of a contractor! Good job on the letter! I don't do "black Friday" either...people are CRAZY on that day & I don't do well with CRAZY!!! btw..coconut cream sounds yummy & and I hope that you & your family have a very nice Turkey Day!! :)

Elle said...

You know you're going to hear from those pricks again. Can't wait for the final Efen Showdown ;)

Wha?? You don't "do" Black Friday? I'm fucking shocked. I would think that would be something you'd really enjoy! ;)

Btw...thanks again for the wise words. Things are much better :). (I totally heart you)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Mr. Contractor gets in touch with you again.

#1. I'm shocked that you are such the baker! Good for you - that's awesome.

#2. TGG used the word "prick". She looks so sweet and innocent. LOL. But, I'm glad to know she has a raunchy side.

The Kitchen said...

I am just waiting to hear when the Pres gets that letter - good move! That guy needs to be fired - I'd bet there are plenty of folks who'd love to have that job - and do it well!
I'm also making a coconut cream pie - in addition to my Texas sheet cake - YUM!!!

J Fab said...

I am soooo impressed that you cook! I LOVE lemon pie. Yum. Yum Yum.

I honestly did the whole "Black Friday" thing at Wal Mart about 3 yrs ago and SHOCKER..... it wasn't that bad. I think it was because I was expecting the worst, so I was prepared. May or may not go this weekend... depends on my mood.

The Girl said...

Awww, you baked pies....I still have to get my dinner. Going tonight, I'm always last minute.

Good work with the contractor, what a dick......

If I were there I'd feel your head for a fever, no boobs.....feeling ok Efen?

Efen said...

TGG: I have found that if a guy is a prick, normally he is to others as well. We'll see on the coconut cream ;)

Elle: Hehe...you know me soooooo well ;)

I thought you would be shocked at that ;)

Hmmm...'wise words'....guess that means you're fingers are broke...again ;)

And...your welcome...anytime, Honey :)

BTW: You're the ONLY one that can get away with that 'heart you' thing ')

ETW: You don't need to be a 'fly'...I'm sure I'll post about it ;)

I have many 'talents'....hehe

Ya know..I was kinda surprised that TGG stooped to my level as well... ;)

Kitch: I grew up on Texas Sheet Cake...guess cuz my Mothers from Texas :)

J-Fab: If that 'impresses' you....ah, nevermind ;)

The Girl: LOL...you said 'feel your head'..... ;)

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Little disappointed that no mention of boobs was made, but I do like a good pie too. I tried black Friday once and the crowds were totally stupid, I'd rather pay normal pricing.

Elle said...

F'n fingers broke?

The Girl said...

OMG - Elle - I was just coming here to say that to him. Efen were the hell are you?