Thursday, December 4, 2008

Anybody want to buy a company?

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes I could just get up and walk the fuck right outta here (well...sometimes I do but I always come back).

Spent most of this week dealing with bullshit stuff...stuff that should have never occured to begin with.

Monday, I no sooner get to my desk when my 'Parts Guy' comes in and says 'Uh...I have this notice that keeps popping up on my computer sayin that Norton has found a virus but it can't do anything with it'.

FUCK.......so I go to his desk and try to fix the fuckin thing. Turns out, he had gone to some site that starting putting all kinds of pop-ups on his computer. So, to remedy that, he found some free 'pop-up' removal software online....and he fuckin downloaded it. Turns out, what he actually Dl'd was a fucking virus. And now...it was up to me to fix it.

I was pissed. The fucking rule is: NO ONE IS TO INSTALL ANY SOFTWARE UNLESS I OK FIRST!

I didn't bother to hide my aggravation one fucking bit. 'Genius' says to me "Why didn't Norton catch this..thats what we have it for". Ok, now I'm further pissed. I tell him Anti-Virus software only catches maybe 80% and thats if you keep it updated and thats if people are responsible enough not to DL shit they aren't sure of.

I run 4 different programs to try to get rid of it. Keep in mind each program has to scan the whole fuckin computer and some of these programs say to run them up to 8 times...which I did. Nothing...the fuckin thing I can't get rid of. Search online to find out while this particular virus is not really that harmful (more annoying than anything else) its a real bitch to get rid of. Fuckin great!

All the while, I'm doing plenty of loud 'sighing' just in case anyone didn't know just how fucking aggravated I was. Finally, after all fucking day, around 6:00 PM, I was able to get rid of it. And, while I was at it, I changed his fucking 'privleges' so he can't make any fucking changes or DL anything, unless I physically do it with a password.

Tuesday and Wednesday were tied up mainly with one fucking customer. Biggest fuckin whiner that we have. We quoted him some stuff in fucking JULY. Now, he wants to buy it but needs it in and running before the end of this month! I try to explain to him that this equipment normally takes 4 weeks to build and its doubtful, at best. He tells me to check. I do. I'm told if we enter the order today (Wednesday) the factory will get it out on December 19th. I call the fuck back and tell him.

He says "Ok..now we need to discuss the price" WTF????? I tell him it is what it is. We can't go lower. He says "I know there's end of year specials"

Me: Sorry...we don't have Black Friday deals nor do we have Cyber Monday deals...its a fair price.

Jackwad: C'mon...give me $800 off and I'll give you the order.

Me: Nope

Jackwad: Ok...how about $500?

Me: (Gettin real fuckin tired of this exchange) I'll give you $200...thats all I can do since there was a price increase in August and we didn't increase your price any.

Jackwad: Ok...I'll do it

Me: Alright...whats the PO#?

Jackwad: I'll call you tomorrow

Me: (Wanting to scream and say 'You stupid motherfucker') Tomorrow?? I told you we needed to enter the order today if you wanted it delivered before years end. So, do you want it or not?

Jackwad: Oh..one day won't make any difference. They want the business.

Me: Ya know, yes, they want the business but their last day of production is 12/19, then they don't re-open until January 2nd. You can either give me the order now or wait until January to receive your MUCH NEEDED equipment.....plus, in January there is a 4% price increase coming.

Jackwad: Hmmm....sounds like you don't want our business that much either

Me: Ok, I've done all you asked and I can't do anymore. Yes, a $40K order would be very nice this time of year but I can't work miracles. Take all the time you want and when you decide, I'll make a phone call. However it plays out is totally in your hands. Thanks for calling.

Jackwad: Uh...er....I need to check something with my accountant...I'll call you back tomorrow..1st thing.

That was it. Now this asswipe will call back today with the order, that I'm sure of. Another thing I'm sure of is there is no fucking way on earth he's going to get his stuff by the end of the year.

Not my fucking problem.......

10 comments:

The Girl said...

Oh my dear, Life Sucking Ass seems to be in the air everywhere. There must be something in the water supply.....I have an idea - let's pack bathing suits and get the fuck out of here !!!!!! How's your life Elle - you about ready to bolt yet?

XXXXOOOO

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I would lose my mind if I had to deal with that sort of thing on a regular basis. Even though you use the "f" word a lot, I think there's a special place in heaven for you!

The Kitchen said...

I can't top the last two pots because ETW and Girl nailed it!

Sure wish your whatever business was here in Houston. I'd give you my business! Seems like all I ever do is wait for workmen to show up around here...

Gator Foodie said...

What a prick (ETW - there I go again!)!!!! I hope your week gets better...& you said it best, not your problem anymore!! :)

J Fab said...

Geeshhh.... I could barely get through your post for all the "f" words.... he he.. had to go there.

People NEVER fail to amaze me. I'm with girl.... let's all meet somewhere warm and have Elle make us some fabulous drinks!

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Is anybody invited to this warm place for drinks??? Was the software the guy downloaded Spyware Sherrif?? I've had multiple people do the same thing and cause all sorts of pain in the ass problems so I feel your pain there.

Efen said...

the girl: bathing suits??? uh...we really need those? ;)

ETW: I have lost my mind. I have noticed that I do seem to use the 'f' word frequently. You can blame J-Fab...her fault ;) I'm afraid what 'special' place that may be ;)

Kitch: I'd even give you '30 Day Terms' ;)

Suzie: They may not always be right..sadly, I have to act like they are.

TGG: Hehe..your 'mouth' ;);)

J-Fab: (see above to ETW ;) Sounds like a great idea but I think Elle is more use to people making drinks for her ;)

Ron: I forget actually what it was called. Installed the 'vondo' virus....a giant pain in the ass for sure!
And...you can come over for drinks anytime. I do keep a bottle of 'Jack' in my desk ;)

The Girl said...

Efen: I have no problems with leaving my suit at home (wicked laugh)

Elle said...

I thought we agreed, way back in the day, that you needed someone to be a "buffer" for you, for when these assholes call. Sometimes a woman's touch is what's needed ;)

(Jesus, I know I just gave you like 30 dirty references in that one paragraph. Go ahead....)

p.s. and yeah, I'll require my own bartender, but I have no problem *ordering* drinks for everyone ;)

Efen said...

Vinomom: Yes, he did...and thanks for dropping by!