Monday, March 16, 2009

6 Day Hall Pass

Ok...I'm in Day 3 of my 'hall pass' and not sure I have the stamina to utilize my whole 6 days worth (which I'm sure you can tell by the brevity of this post). Which, bothers me a great deal...as they say...... 'Youth is wasted on the young'.

I thought if I kept my 'routine' as normal as possible, that would alleviate the feeling of not getting shit done because of my 'freedom'. So, I make sure the bed is made as soon as I get up and to clean up after myself as I go along. I even spent Sunday afternoon ironing pants for the week. I don't mind ironing one bit because my Mother taught me how when I was a kid. I also dusted, vacuumed, and did two loads of laundry. None of this is a big deal, just making a point that I wasn't going to turn into a total fucking slacker just because there was no else home. Oh...and my 'routine' of getting up at 5:30 hasn't changed either.....so far ;)

Went out both Saturday and Sunday nights and stayed out..uh....ahem....'pretty late'. Today, I am pretty well dragging. I thought about doing the 'responsible' bit tonight but fuck....I have a dilemma...seems that 'word' has gotten out about my 'hall pass' and I have been fielding calls for the last two days, most of them in the 'Lets do this....' vain. To be honest, if it were just my buddies calling, I'd have no problem turning them down. But....ya see, I've been going to this one bar, known as SV (and very well known to Elle ;) for years. Over that period, I have come to know many of the girls that have/had worked there...and have become very good friends with most of them. Well, when one of them calls (or as luck would have it...one of them with an equally hot twin sister)...WTF am I to say? "Uh...sorry..I'd love to...but I'm tired". Uh....no fuckin way......not ever.

So...I'm planning on going home right after work........ tomorrow.

11 comments:

Dale & Brennan said...

Just remember "A good friend will come and bail you out of jail, but a great friend will be sitting there right beside you saying - that was fun, let's do it again!!!"

Christine said...

I always thought it was the good friend that would help you bury the body...or maybe that is just my good friends.

Twins huh? Maybe they could just send a video???

Evil Twin's Wife said...

The chicks are smellin' what the Efen is cookin'! Woot!

And I'm impressed with your homemaking skillz. The Evil Twin can iron much better than I ever thought about (his military training).

Gator Foodie said...

Oh Efen, you are such a good husband!! Hope you're havin' fun - lemme know if I need to bail you out or somethin'!! ;)

The Dish said...

Glad you are enjoying your 'freedom'! You are so domesticated, I love it!

Trisha aka Bitchy McBitcherson

J Fab said...

Ahhhhh... the sweet smell of freedom. Since I've been preggo... hubby has been a huge help to me. It's nice to see a man can do it without being asked!

The Girl said...

Chicken :)

Efen said...

Lady Bug: Hehe...yeah, but my friends don't have week long hall passes ;)

Christine: Video?? Uh...1st person is much better :)

ETW: LMAO...that was funny! :)

TGG: Yeah....I'm sure she'd be thrilled about my activities ;)

Trish: Hmm...'domesticated'....or 'scared'...you say 'potatoe'..I say 'potahto' ;)

J-Fab: I ain't that much help ;)

The Girl: Chicken? Nope...in reality I'm sure she doesn't expect me to do one fuckin thing ;)

The Kitchen said...

You're a good boy!

Kennyo said...

Hey,
This is my 1st time on your Blog, I worked my way through blog world from Evil's to find you.. Just wanted to say I enjoy the blog and keep it up..

Kenny

Efen said...

Welcome, Kenny: Thanks for dropping by. Not many guys stop by..mainly all hot chicks...which is surprising, based on my 'colorful' language and all ;)