Monday, October 20, 2008

A Pretty Good Weekend...for a change

Whew.....the weekend was pretty much a non-stop affair. I told ya about my buddy coming in from KC and of our plans.

Saturday, I did not go to 'SV', as is the norm. I had shit to do (I always have shit to do but usually blow it off until Sunday afternoon) and knew there was no fuckin way I was getting anything done after my buddy showed up, cuz we had 'plans'.

Did have to take daughter to the airport because its 'Fall Break' and she just HAS to go somewhere. After all, she's had 8 weeks of classes and geez, who could handle that schedule without heading off to Florida for a week? Amazing how organized she can be when it involves 'fun stuff'.

My buddy got in and I had the yard all done so off we went to watch the Texas-Missouri game, at another bar, not 'SV'. We had our 'Mizzou' shit on, ready for the most anticipated game of the year. #1 Texas, ripe for a beat-down. #11 Mizzou, gonna show those skeptics how the game is really played. Boy, this was going to be alot of fun! Ok, that 'fun' lasted for about, oh, 15 fuckin minutes when they were down 14 zip. Got worse, 35-0. We had all the fuckin fun we could take so we headed off to another bar, where my buddy, Tom and his band was playing. This was so much better...real good music and 'hot' chicks by the score, most of them I knew from 'SV'

One girl, whom along with her sister I've known for years, is 'hot' and a really sweet girl. I hadn't seen her sister for quite some time so I asked about her. Her sister was one of those girls who was pretty much the 'wallflower' type. Very cute but shy. Majored in Chemistry and had landed a very good job with a large Chemical company.....well, that was before she discovered alcohol and cocaine. Got fired from there and according to her sister, is going downhill at 'warp speed'. Even going as far as performing 'oral favors' in exchange for coke. Very troubling...and sad.

Anyhow...we had a great time there and it was almost 3:00 before we got home. Drank more than normal. Actually, if I have more than 4-5 beers, thats more than 'normal'. In this case, I probably had 10-12...or 20. Not real sure. What I do know, is I woke up with one gifuckinnormous headache.

Oh man....hurt to open my fuckin eyes. Took 3 aspirin before I went to bed...yeah, that fuckin worked. Up at 7:00...well, sorta 'up'. Layed there and cussed myself for being so fuckin stupid. Gobbled down 3 Excedrin, drank a 1/2 gallon of OJ and stood under a hot shower until the pain subsided....well, subsided some. My buddy got up, wanted breakfast, so I told him to 'go fuck himself'. He started calling me a 'pussy' and laughing at my 'condition'. Well, fuck that...I'll show him...so...I made breakfast. Actually, that seemed to have a positive effect, much to my relief as we were leaving in an hour to head down to the Rams game.

The game started at Noon and we got there by 11:00. Some friends of mine have a huge 'tailgate thing' there before every game so we went there. FUCK....I said "I wasn't going to drink today!"

Only had a couple before the game so not too bad. The Rams were playing Dallas and the stadium seemed like it was 1/2 full of Cowboy fans...with 2 of 'em sitting right next to me. Hey, I don't have a problem with rooting for your team and all, just don't being a fuckin dickwad when you're doin it....especially when you're in a venue that isn't your own.

So, I sit there listening to this one jackfuck yap and yap...being critical of everything St. Louis. Now I'm as critical as they come, but I'm from fucking here so I'm allowed, plus, he's talkin shit about things that aren't even football related. Finally, I am unable to contain my normally soft-spoken self. I turn to Asshat;

Me: (At this point the Cowboys are down 21-7) Man...your team sucks....how you can you watch this embarrassing shit?

AH: We're only down 14..there's plenty of time.

Me: Bullshit...time is running out....they're fucking done. Man...they really suck.

AH: Uh...must feel good seeing that the Rams have only won 1 game.

Me: Must feel good gettin your ass handed to you by a team that has only won 1 game. Uh, what's it been, 12 fuckin years since 'America's Team' has even won a fuckin playoff game? Thats fuckin pathetic.

This kinda shut the fucker up and believe me, every single fuckin time the Rams did something good or the Cowboys fucked something up, I was all over the dickface....showing no fuckin mercy...when they're down, fuckin kickem....besides, he started it....and besides, I was still hungover. Finally, they couldn't take any more and left. I told 'em "Thanks for coming...enjoy that flight home".

My buddy wanted to do a bar stop or two before we got back to my house but I reminded him that he had a 4 hour drive and probably not a good idea ( the thought of more beer was not appealing to me in any way, shape, or form....and at least I didn't make it sound like I was going 'all wuss' on him ;)

He left about 6:00..............I was in bed by 9:00. Perfect ;)

12 comments:

The Girl said...

Your an AWESOME fan who would fit in with the Philly Eagles fans, very well. You so went up a notch on my Coolness Factor due to your harassment of the Cowboys fan. If I haven't told you before I'll tell you again..I HATE THE F'ING COWBOYS. I hate their fans, I hate their state, I hate T.O. I'm glad you had a great weekend, and I'm glad the Rams ripped them a new one.

Bucky said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Other than the fact you were hungover...or the fact that you watched Mizzou get their ass handed to them...or the fact that you were in the same stadium as the Dallas Cowboys...

You know, your weekend doesn't sound all that pretty, or good. :):)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Next time (I know - you say "There won't BE a next time", but we all know better), take Alka Seltzer upon waking up. Then, get in shower. You'll feel great.

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Glad you had a good weekend overall. Sorry I don't drink so I don't have any great advice for hangovers other than drink a lot of water.

Efen said...

the girl: Hehe...and here I thought the 'Philly fans' were all nice and cordial ;) My mother's from Texas so I like the state and the people...but not the Cowboys and 'specially TO...what a dick.

Bucky: Hangover is no big deal....have had many worse. Mizzou did suck but at least it got us back to reality on how good they aren't. No, being in the same staduim w/ them and watching them get their collective asses beat...well, you just can get better than that. Plus, hangin w/ loaded hot chicks..tell me thats not pretty and good!

ETW: You're sooooooo right...that will NEVER happen again (but...I will keep your rememdy in mind...just in case I need to tell someone else, ya know ;)

Efen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
YO Adrienne said...

ha, ha, hahaha, ha... you make me laugh.

The Girl said...

Nice and Cordial....Oh that makes me laugh. I once squirtted mustard on the back of a Mets fan's shorts right before he sat back down on his seat, simply because he was getting on my nerves and we were loosing.

At the Eagles games.......We throw our beers (even though they are $8.00 a cup) at a Cowboy Jersey simply because how dare wear blue into a house that bleeds green. We won't mention the throwing snowballs at Santa (because in reality he was a drunk very bad Santa) Oh, and did I mention we have a courthouse in the basement of Lincoln Financial Field !!! Love Philly.

Efen said...

the girl: I wasn't going to bring up that 'Santa' thing and I knew about the jail....

uh..my buddy and I were talking about going to Philly next year when the Cardinals play there....maybe I should re-think that ;)

The Girl said...

I told you, I'd be your body guard. You need to be with a Philly proper to survive being an outsider !!!!!!!

Elle said...

My sister-in-law swears that if you take a Xanax on top of your 15 shots of Gray Goose before you go to bed, you won't have a hangover.

So far, she's been right. Or maybe it's that we just don't care?

J Fab said...

I hate football and everything about it, but miss the good ole days of "tailgating." So glad that you had a good time with your friend and I always like hearing you rip someone a new ass.