Thursday, September 11, 2008

I USED to have a memory

Actually, a pretty damn good one, but anymore.......fuck...I feel like I'm 'Shady Acres' bound.

Get an e-mail today from our main supplier, reminding me of the National Sales Meeting in Point Clear, Alabama................in less than 4 fuckin weeks!! Oh fuck me.....I do recall there was sumthin I did register for. So, I check my 'Saved' e-mail and sho'nuff, there are my hotel reservations, my rental car reservation and my fuckin airplane confirmation. Motherfuck.....ok, maybe I did do these things like 4 months back, BUT one would think they wouldn't totally escape your fuckin mind! I realize it's not like I'm going to Rio or anything but it is an important meeting (along with golf and deep-sea fishing....ok, I quit playin golf but you get the point) plus, this year (so far...this is always 'subject to market correction') we're in the Top 5 nationally as for as sales go so there's bound to be several 'attaboys' thrown my way (more to do with my Sales Manager but fuck...I'm the one who hired him to begin with so I'm allowed the 'credit').

Lets see, weren't there some other things I scheduled during this 6 day period....and agreed to?

1. I was invited to go to see the Cubs in their Playoff Home Opening Series
2. A 50th BD party
3. A Sales Presentation at big customer's facility.

Oh yeah, these fuckin things I have written on my calendar...not the other though. So, I have spent the morning calling and giving my regrets for Numbers 1 & 2 along with coming up with a different excuse other than 'I forgot I had to...' Number 3 was a lot trickier. I gave some bullshit about wanting to bring in some "visual aid crap and I wouldn't have it until the following week but it would be soooooooooooooo beneficial etc etc etc". Ok, got that done too. Now, just have to come up with some beneficial 'visual aid crap'.

On top of that, I was.....uh...hmmm....er.....well fuck, I forgot what I was gonna say.

8 comments:

Elle said...

Relax.

Go to Alabama, I'll come and give the presentation. Its kind of my "thing" now, ya know.

And, I can bring some visual aids.

Efen said...

Hehe...'visual aids' (you do know how my mind is running now, dontcha ;)

Elle said...

Duh. ;)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Uh yeah. I don't think visual aid = the latest issue of Hustler. But, it could be an ice-breaker!

Warped Mind of Ron said...

If Laura is bringing the visual aids how do I get a ticket to this thing?

Bucky said...

You didn't write the trip on your calendar? That is what calendars are for. :)

Well, that and counting down the days to Thanksgiving and Christmas due to the break I get from work.

Efen said...

Bucky: Actually, I did have it in my 'Outlook' calendar....guess I should have set the 'reminder' date a little sooner.

J Fab said...

Since Ron and Laura are coming...I wanna go, too!

He he... visual.aids.