Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Lost Weekend

No...........sadly, not the 'Ray Milland' version, mine and mine alone.

Normally, I get all amped up when I have upcoming days off, in this case, I had 4 days in a fuckin row. And yes, I was really looking forward to 'em. So, what did I do or accomplish?......................nary one fuckin thing, zip, nada. I pretty much felt like I was on the Guvment payroll the whole 4 days....sigh.

Did go to SV Friday for 'lunch' but, and this kinda worries me, I just couldn't get 'into it'. Oh yeah, all the hot girls were there and they were all happy about the holiday weekend (I could tell this by the numerous shots they were downing), plus only 1 was wearin a bra so I could definitely tell the rest were quite excited by the aspect of 3 days off. I don't know where in the fuck my head was but it just didn't matter all that much. Even one of them asked me to 'hang around' til she got off (no, Elle...not in that way ;) which was only 2 hours later, but I had no interest. The only thing I wanted to do was -gulp- go home. Lemme re-phrase that 'kinda worries me' thing, it actually worries the fuck outta me. But, thats what I did.....went home and turned on the fuckin TV...at 3:00 in the fuckin afternoon on a perfectly beautiful day! WTF???? Did go out to eat, mainly because sister-in-law was in town, but was back home by 7:30.....and then right to the couch and TV.

Saturday, got up at my normal 5:45 AM fuckin shit, drank coffee and read the paper, then sorta perused the computer some before actually doin some shit around the house, which I finished by 11:00 AM. Normally, this is the time I'm on the way in to 'SV'........normally. Saturday I just didn't feel like it, in fact it didn't even appeal to me. So, I just layed around and watched fuckin TV some more...didn't even get in the shower until 4:00. WTF is up with that??? Usually, like most folks, I can't fuckin wait til I hop in the shower. Even then, truthfully, I didn't really want to but.... some friends were coming over around 6:00 and I figured they would appreciate me being all cleansed and shit. They came over, I bbq'd, we did the 'chit-chat' thing, and they left around 11:00.............the whole fuckin time I was wishin they'd leave by 9:00.

If ya'll are thinkin, 'Efen's bound to be back to normal by Sunday', then ya'll are so fuckin wrong, it gets even worse. 'SV" was closed Sunday and Monday, but I had 'options'. In fact, Saturday afternoon I got a text from a girl who used to work at 'SV" but is now at a different bar, still close by though. She tells me that the owner is afraid Sunday is going to be slow so he added a 'twist'....Sunday is now 'theme' day....and the 'theme' was 'Beach Party'. Not real fuckin original I admit but the waitresses (and her) were going to be wearing 'beach attire'. Now, I know this girl real good and I am aware of some of the waitresses and let me tell you, seeing them in what they would consider 'beach attire' would be a bargain at any price. So, what happens, I wake up Sunday.............and don't feel like doin one fuckin thing. I don't feel like gettin dressed, don't feel like showering, don't feel like leavin the fuckin house at all. So, I don't. What did I do?......oh, watch that mfen TV more and nap.....fuckin nap! Don't get me wrong, I love naps BUT not when I get up from bed, go to couch, and then fuckin nap an hour later!! AND....to blow off 'Beach Day' and not even give it two fuckin thoughts....I'm gettin more worried by the fuckin minute!

Monday arrives and I'm thinking "I can't fuckin believe I've wasted all this time....I'm gonna do some shit today!" Yeah, my 'doin shit' consisted of making a picture DVD w/ music of 500 35 mm slides that my Dad had taken over the years. Ok, granted, this was not a quick task, took me about 7 hours on the fuckin computer puttin it together and when I was done, my fuckin eyes felt like someone poured sand in them. So, I was pretty much fuckin done for Monday....'cept for goin to the couch to catch up on my TV watching.....sheesh. Fortunately, for me, last night was the season premiere of 'Prison Break'. Immediately after that was over, I headed right to bed to watch something for another hour...I can't fuckin go to bed at 9:00!......yeah, made it all the way to 9:30.

Today and it's back to work.........................fuck, how I long for the next Holiday weekend, I could sure use it.

4 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Sorry you're feeling down. Sounds like a case of the blues. Sometimes just doing nothing for a bit is the best cure. I hope things start to look up for you soon!

Efen said...

I dunno, ETW. The blues I've had, not really caring if I'm around hot chicks...well, never had that before.

Shit.....you don't think that means I'm, uh, er..maturing????

On 2nd thought, I'll go with what you said....and thank you :)

Elle said...

Efen Efen...you're ok! Relax! (Oh wait, you already did that.) You just needed to recharge. No need to feel guilty about it, you work hard! (hehe...I said "work")

I still heart you.

J Fab said...

Welcome to my world everyday. Well, except for the next 9 days. When you don't have kids and your husband (or wife) works at night.... you have a whole lotta free time to do absolutelyfucking nothing and it feels nice (ok...most of the time I am lonely and miss my husband.) I LOVE Prison Break! I haven't watched last night's episode because my husband flipped the remote control OFF that show and onto another one so I lost 3/4 of the episode (yes.. it's not a good thing to mess with my TiVo) and I am resorting to surfing the net to find the episode online. ANYWAY... relax..... enjoy the down time. It will be no time and you will be your usual self again. And no... I am not falling for your hints! ;)