Monday, January 12, 2009

Duck Trip Preparation - Updated

(Updated Part) I just found out the following: As anyone with a TV knows, there's a HUGE Arctic blast rolling into the U.S. I wasn't all that concerned that it would have that much of an impact on my trip, cuz afterall, as I was told, we'd be hunting out of HEATED DUCK BLINDS. uh...key words there are 'was told'. Found out this morning that the ducks are now concentrating in the flooded timber and flooded rice fields....so, what that means is this: Heated Duck Blinds are probably out and now standing in water (frozen?) wearing FUCKING WADERS will be the 'Hunt Dujour'..........Oh Fuck Me!

I know some you thought I went this weekend, but I'm leaving this Thursday morning. To recap, this was a 'free' trip, except for my gas to get there.

Here is the amount, so far, for this 'no-cost' excursion:

  • Gun: $550.00
  • Shells: $ 38.00
  • Permits: $ 90.00
  • GPS: $ 250.00

Subtotal: $928.00

Figure another $200 for 'incidentals' and this 'free-of-charge' deal is hitting me for over $1100.00! Yeah....I'm a fucking genuis...

Went to see 'Gran Torino' Saturday night...don't worry, I'm not gonna fuck it up for anyone. 'The Girl'....I sent you an e-mail, as requested, regarding this movie (uh....I don't say 'Film')

If y'all recall, an employee who was on vacation last week, whom I was soooooooooo fuckin pissed at, (I know....the preposition thing ;) came in this morning and told me he's planning on going on Permanent Disability in 6-8 weeks. Other than the hassle of finding someone, I consider this a good thing (for me and the company)....plus I won't have to pay Unemployment for firing his lazy ass.

Didn't do much over the weekend 'cept for the movie thing. Did go through a car wash yesterday, got home and noticed my front license plate cover had been ripped away leaving my license plate bent almost in half. WTF??? No use going back and bitchin cuz ya know they have that sign that says 'Not Responsible etc etc etc'....oh well. Just bent it back and threw in a couple of big-ass screws. Fuck...who says I'm not 'handy' ;)

12 comments:

Suzie said...

Please , Please don't kill the innocents little duckies!!!

The Girl said...

That's a pretty expensive trip to shoot some little ducks. And I bet your are handy ;)

The Girl said...

I didn't get your email :(

The Kitchen said...

Well, since you've spent all that money on your trip, I hope it's fun!

Efen said...

Suzie: Over-Population is harder on any species than hunting. At least with hunting, the animals have a chance...don't think a cow, pig, or a fish can say the same ;)

The Girl...I know...I admitted to being a genuis ;)

Hmmm....I just re-sent.

Kitch: Kinda my thoughts ;)

Gator Foodie said...

Ok, all I have to say is "get your money's worth!!!" ;) NO cost & shit... lol...

Evil Twin's Wife said...

TGG shares my thought: get your money's worth. Have at least $1000+ worth of fun.

Elle said...

$1000 worth of fun?! That's gotta include hookers and lap dances, right?

Efen said...

ETW: I really will try :)

Elle: Ya know, one would fuckin think, wouldn't ya?

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Nothing like a couple good screws to fix almost any problem you may have. And crap!! I bet you could buy a duck for cheaper than that. LOL

The Girl said...

Be careful of frostbite. It's gonna be 9 degrees tonight were I am at. I'd return the gun and all the other shit, cancel and stay home where its nice and warm !!! And no I still didn't get your email.

The Girl said...

You've been tagged....go to my page to see what's next !