Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year............I hope

Sorry but I took a little 'blog' hiatus. Not so much anything to do with being too busy, more like I was trying to get my overall psyche 're-charged'. And....in case you were wondering....didn't fuckin work.

My PLAN was to take off December 31st until today (January 5th). Well, that worked until 5:00 PM New Years Eve...when a customer called saying he needed a service guy sent out ASAP, since his maintenance guy had worked on his machine and fucked it up. I told him 'No' and explained to him that I couldn't fuck with their night's plans. He was Ok with that especially when I told him if he could get me the part number of the thing that was fucked up, I would go into the office 1st thing on New Years Day and make sure we had the part.....since he didn't have to be up and running until 5:00 PM New Years Day, plus his guy could install it. He liked that.........but then he asked 'just what time could he expect a call from me the next morning'? Okay...this pissed me off some so I said....."7:00 AM" He hemmed and hawed...then I said 'would 6:00 AM be better?" No, no!!!...7:00 is fine! You see, what I didn't tell him was that I could check our inventory from my home computer.....better off him thinking I had to get up and drive into the office.

Did go out New Years but didn't hardly drink and was home early. Checked the inventory before I went to bed and FUCK....didn't have what he needed at work but one of my service guys had one on his truck....but he lives an hour from the office. I call Customer at 7:00 (woke his ass up) tell him the above, and that I was going to drive and meet my service guy 1/2 way (30 minutes for me)......and then bring the part to him (another 40 minutes). He loved it............I mean, fucking seriously, where are you going to get that kind of service on New Years Fuckin Day??? I hope all this means sumthin to the guy down the road when he goes to buy new equipment...probably not.

Ended up going in the office on Friday and Saturday too.....not long, only a couple of hours each day, but still....

Yesterday, My Mother calls me and tells me that my Dad has lost 12 pounds since Fall!
I hadn't thought he looked like he felt good but everytime I'd ask he'd say he was 'Ok' 'cept his arthritis was bothering him in his shoulders and hip. "That damn medicine they gave me didn't do much" he'd say. I kept trying to get him to get a cortisone shot.....told him the President just got one a few weeks back. I get "yeah....I'll probably do that". Fuck....I knew what that meant.

So, now with what my Mother told me, I am worried sick.....my mind running through all the worst-case scenarios and I've convinced myself he's thinking along the same lines as I am....plus I'm scared that he's scared. Going to call him and tell him if he makes an appointment, I'll go with him, but I have to word this plan very carefully or he will get real stubborn about it. I know part of this is because of my Mother's health and he thinks that he has to be there with her practically every damn minute. I love my Mother....but she thinks the world should wait on her now that she's 'frail'. I could go on and on here......................but I won't.

I'm not even going to call my sister because....well, fuckin why? She came up after Christmas, stayed a whopping 3 days and according to my Mother...it was like Florence Fucking Nightengale and Paula Fuckin Deen had been there...WTF? Oh...(now I'm on a roll)....when I tried to get her to bring at least ONE of her 3 kids, she told me 'they had some unexpected expenses' and she'd be coming alone. THEN...while she was here, I happen to be talking to her husband and he tells me he's taking my nephew to the airport...he's on his way to Chicago...to see my brother-in-law's family! I was sooooooooooooooooooo motherfuckin pissed at my sister...still am as far as that goes..ok...better stop now.

12 comments:

Suzie said...

Wow Efen, I'm really sorry that happend to you...Sounds totally f'd up...I hope your feeling better! maybe have a drink or to???

The Girl said...

Shit, I just posted a really long comment, but my wireless went out and I think I lost it....So just in case here's a recap..

I told you that Elle and I would make a special trip to see your sister, please just once. And something like You Rock, I'll take your service anytime ;)....And then, I didn't ruin Gran Torino, the post is about a preview I saw. I would never ruin a movie. Email me in the non-blog world after you see it so we can talk about it. I'm dying to know what you think.

The Kitchen said...

First of all, you are AMAZING to do that for your customer on New Year's Day. I'm so impressed!

I'm sorry you are worried about your dad. You're a good son to talk to him and go there - fuck your sister. I know, I know - she should do her part and I totally am on your side. But in the end, all that matters is you having time with your parents...and if sister doesn't want to do that, fuck her. (Sorry to be so tough on your sister - I hope that doesn't hurt your feelings!)
We (The Bloggers) all need to get together and bitch and drink one whole weekend!

The Kitchen said...

Oh, and how come I can't click on Follow your blog??

Gator Foodie said...

Oh, & C: Tell me what wknd. we're all gettin' together (as per Momma's suggestion) & I'm on the next plane out! ;)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I'll be sending positive vibes your dad's way. I hope he'll listen to you and at least get checked out real quick! Let me know if you need anything.

Elle said...

Efen Efen....I feel like we haven't talked in so long, I didn't know any of this was going on. Here's hoping all is well with your dad...and you're a good son! You know how I feel about your sister's behavior...but what's the best part of all this?

How you get all these lovely ladies to curse a blue streak in your comments :)

Adamity73 said...

I'm sending good thoughts your dad's way.

The Kitchen said...

OK, I'm a follower now.

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Sending good thoughts your father's way. My friends dad is getting older and you have to approach things with him in a very delicate way or he digs in his heels and won't do anything so I feel your pain. And as far as taking care of your customers you totally rock!

Efen said...

To Everyone: I want to apologize for putting that in there about my Dad....a lapse of judgement on my part. Was in kind of a 'needy' place at the time....normally much more 'reserved' than that.

But...I do thank everyone for their well wishes....it does mean alot to me.....really!

As for as any comments went regarding my sister....you didn't say anything I already haven't said...so certainly not a problem ;)

Elle: Yes....I have that special knack of bring out the 'trailer' in folks ;) ;)

Loni's World said...

Hope everything works out for the best.