Wednesday, January 28, 2009

News Flash: Fuckin Yeech!!!!!!!!!

Read at your own peril ;)

(FYI: This city is located just North of Saint Louis)


ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
01/28/2009

ST CHARLES — A South Roxana woman noticed red liquid on her Jack in the Box BLT sandwich wrapper early Sunday morning and was horrified when she took a closer look."I looked at the wrapper, and I said, 'This has got to be blood,'" said Crystal Swiecicki, 21. She touched it with her index finger and smeared it. Seconds later, she, her fiancé and her 7-month-old daughter pulled into a gas station where she washed her hands repeatedly and used hand sanitizer.The blood was on the wrapper, inside the bag and on her pants, Swiecicki said. She called the restaurant near Highway 370 and Elm Street to ask if anyone had cut themselves. She said the manager apologized and told her he had a bloody nose while he was working the drive-through window. He offered her hand sanitizer, she said.

Swiecicki called police. Lt. Donovan Kenton said St. Charles police went to the restaurant but they found no criminal matter to investigate.Swiecicki doubts she consumed any of the man's blood, but she is upset and looking for a lawyer. "I'm freaked out about it," she said. "I'm afraid to eat. I will not eat at a fast-food restaurant."Gil Copley, director of St. Charles County's health department, said officials have talked to the restaurant's management."They're working with the person who was responsible," Copley said. "They are going to be retraining and reviewing their procedure and reinforcing their corporate policies regarding food sanitation."Copley said his department did not have the authority to force the employee to be tested for disease but said the risk of transmission of diseases such as HIV would likely be minimal. The matter now is between the restaurant and Swiecicki, Copley said. A Jack in the Box spokeswoman declined to answer questions, saying the company's investigation is in its early stages. "We'll continue to work closely with the guest and restaurant management on resolving the issue," the statement said.

This guy was the fucking MANAGER! I'm pretty sure this fuck would have more than a bloody nose if he had served this to me. And....what jury would convict me?

9 comments:

The Girl said...

That's sick. I don't see where a lawsuit or police action would have helped. She should have jumped over the counter and shoved the bloody food down his throat, or maybe a nice used tampon in the mail

Efen said...

The Girl: Whoa...talk about me 'getting even' ;)

Elle: I love to make you 'gag' ;);)

Anonymous said...

I am originally from that area and still have alot of family there. We have eaten at that Jack In The Box many times on or way back here! That freaks me out!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

That guy must have been mentally challenged. Who would have a nose bleed on a sandwich and serve it? Call in a non nosebleed employee - have them make a new sandwich. Easy peasy... Blech.

Loni's World said...

Seriously! OMG that is gross!
Why would he even let that bag out the door! EWWWW!

Gator Foodie said...

Ewwww..yuck...nasty!!!! 'Nuff said...

Gator Foodie said...

btw...you're invited along to our next lunch....'k?? :)-

Suzie said...

I acutally had that happen to make at a deli in Wayne, Pa where I worked, the deli was called "Crocks" and I order a sandwich to go took it back to my desk and noticed the blood on my wrapper...I took it back and the manger said one of the girls had cut there finger..but it was bandaged..He acutally asked me if I wanted another sandwich..Fuck no..i said..I want my f'n money back! that is gross!!!!!

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Ummm... I always thought when you were leaking blood from your nose you were supposed to stop handling food and dispose of anything contaminated. How is it this guy got to be a manager? And omg that comment by The Girl was disturbing LOL