Saturday, January 31, 2009

FaceBook, My Foolish Foray

1st, I want to apologize for to anyone for making them think I was ACTUALLY gonna do this whole FaceBook thing................that was never my fucking intention, never, ever!

The deal is, I was basically curious about it. I know y'all do this thing and I know my daughter does it, as well as MySpace. So, I thought I'd go to FaceBook just to see what so many people are enamored with. How could I be so fucking naive??? I guess I thought I could just go there and sorta 'view' what it's all about (I can only imagine how many of you are laughing at me right this moment;). Well, as you know, you have to 'Register' (or maybe it was 'Sign Up'...some fucking thing or another). At this point I almost said "Fuck it"....and should have, in retrospect. But, alas, I ignored that 'little voice' in my head and took the plunge.

I had no fuckin idea what I put in would then become 'public'. Then, I see I have a people that 'I May Know'.....which in actuality, are most of you (my beloved readers and friends :). I spend a few minutes kinda looking around, then leave, thinking I was pretty much anonymous.

So much for that fuckin thought. Later I go to my e-mail ('Ghetto' e-mail address as Elle puts it ;) and what do I find? 16 fucking e-mails....with 'subjects' such as 'so and so confirmed as a friend' and 'so and so has written on your wall' (or something close to that). WTF???? I have no fuckin idea what any of this means, much less what a fuckin 'wall' is..................and I'm actually more than a little horrified, as well as embarrassed , about it all.

I'm getting e-mails from Texas Gator Gal, Elle, and ETW tellin me I have to put up a picture and chastising me as to why didn't I list 'Momma' as a friend ;)? Hey......gimme a break here...I had no idea I listed ANYONE as a friend.....and I couldn't tell you in a million fuckin years how I was able to accomplish that. Its like FaceBook just took over and did whatever the fuck it wanted! At this point I'm starting to believe more in Ron's conspiracy theories.

Immediately I send Elle and TGG e-mails basically explaining that I fucked up. Evidently I even listed someone as a 'friend' who knows Elle and she's asking Elle basically, who the fuck is this guy???

Ya know.....for the most part I consider myself fairly 'tech-savvy'. This unfortunately, isn't one of those fucking times. I mean, I masted 'IM' with no fucking problems ;)

Please consider this my last FaceBook experience......................

11 comments:

The Girl said...

Now Now Efen....Don't get all flustered. How am I supposed to fling a thong at you if you don't participate in the Facebook family??? You don't want to miss out on that do you?

Suzie said...

And How am I supposed to send you a drink if ya don't participate...be patient with it..It's pretty cool once ya get used to it...

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I pretty much loathe FB too, but most of my college and high school friends are on there, so I stay. And, for the record, I never emailed you to tell you to put a picture up. :-) I'm all about the details baby.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Efen... Facebook is not that bad! It is creepy when random people find you but all in all is kinda fun. And don't you want "The Girl" to throw a thong at you?

The Kitchen said...

Ahhh, Momma is feelin' the love!!

Loni's World said...

I'm with you on this one! I dont see the excitement facebook.
I dont really logon that much.

Efen said...

The Girl: Well...I am a BIG fan of thongs :)

Suzie: I am a big fan of 'drink' too ;)

ETW: I know....I was all flustered and shit ;)

Trich: I don't even like ('cept y'all) people I know finding me ;)

Kitch: You are obviously extremely popular...are you 'have pictures' ;)

Loni: TG!....someone who shares my 'enthusiasm' ;)

Gator Foodie said...

Be patient honey! You can see us in all our glory on FB!! ;)

Warped Mind of Ron said...

(Sniffle) It's OK I guess that you didn't invite me to be your friend on FB (sniffle) I understand....

Bill Gammon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elle said...

ok wait, I'm confused. (I know...newsflash.) I'm not sure what the problem is exactly...but I do know this: I was surprised when you joined FB, but sure as hell not when you left ;)

Don't worry about it!